Once again Home Start Southwark will be at the Dulwich Park Fair on Sunday 20th May 2018, from 12 noon to 5 pm.
At our stand you will find many baby and children items for sale including clothing, books and toys and a lot of information on our services and activities.
Come find us to say hello. Our staff and volunteer will be able and happy to help you with any queries you may have.
For more information visit the Dulwich Park Fair website.
All proceeds from the sale will go toward supporting our delivery.
VOLUNTEER PREPARATION COURSE
To prepare you for family support, you will need to attend this training programme delivered by our experienced Home-Start team at different locations in Southwark.
The course includes: parenting skills, safeguarding and protecting children, support for new mums, getting ready for nursery and school, listening skills, values and attitudes, the role of the volunteer, and confidentiality. Light refreshments will be provided and we will refund reasonable expenses you incur to attend.
The next training course is scheduled for:
- Friday, 27th April
- Fridays 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th May
- Fridays 8th, 15th and 22nd May
All sessions will take place 10:00am to 2:00pm, at the Albrighton Community Centre, 37 Albrighton Road, London SE22 8AH
Once you have completed the Volunteer Preparation Course and started volunteering, we offer a range of ongoing training on a variety of topics, such as autism, maternal mental health and domestic violence.
In Spring 2018 we have:
- LENA Speech and Language Training – 20th and 22nd February 10.00am-2.00pm
- Volunteer Support Group – 27th February 10.00-11.00am. (Guest speaker from South London and Maudsley NHS Trust Work Well Project)
- Fuel Poverty Training – 27th February 11.00am-12.00pm. (Run by South East London Community Energy)
- Signposting Day – 8th March 10.00am-2.00pm. (Speakers from Citizens Advice Bureau; First Place Children’s Centre; and Southwark Council Local Support Team)
- Supporting Parents with Mental Health Issues – 28th March 10.00am-1.30pm (Run by South London and Maudsley NHS Trust Parental Mental Health Team)
NB These courses are only available for trained Home-Start Southwark volunteers.
GROUPS FOR FAMILIES
TWINS & MULTIPLE BIRTH GROUP
This is a time for parents to talk about how they are doing and gain tips from each other on sleeping patterns, development, useful equipment etc. It also provides a brief respite from the constant demands, as the workers and parents all keep a watchful eye on the children. There are regular visits from other practitioners, who give information and guidance and answer any questions or concerns, the families may have.
Every Thursday 10am – 12pm (term-time only) at Albrighton Community Centre, 37 Albrighton Road, London SE22 8AH
For more details please contact us on 020 7737 7720 | email@example.com
VOLUNTEER SUPPORT GROUPS 2017
Our Volunteer Support Groups are open to all trained Home-Start Southwark volunteers. They provides an opportunity to meet other volunteers, share experiences and ideas and discuss topics of interest related to volunteering for Home-Start.
The next dates for the Group are:
- Tuesday 28th November, 1:00-2:00pm at the Albrighton Community Centre.
For more details or if you have a query, please contact us on 020 7737 7720 | firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER ACTIVITIES IN SOUTHWARK
DOLLY PARTON’S IMAGINATION LIBRARY
This is a free book scheme launched in 1995 and it’s now available in Southwark through a partnership between local company DialAFlight, Southwark Council and Dolly Parton.
Every Southwark child born in 2017 is eligible to join this free book scheme. Once registered, your baby will receive a book in the post every single month until their fifth birthday. There is absolutely no cost to you.
– Looking at books together and reading is a great way to have fun and share a special moment with your baby.
– It can encourage a love of reading that will last a lifetime.
– Reading will help your child’s brain development. It’s never too early to start.
– Children learn to love the sound of language from birth. Reading stories aloud stimulates imagination and expands their understanding of the world. Research shows that children who read are better prepared for school.
To register online please visit the Dolly Partons Imagination Library page on the Southwark website.
Alternatively you can email your details to: email@example.com. Please include the child’s name, gender, date of birth, address, parent’s name, email address and phone number.
t: 020 7737 7720 |
Registered Office: Home-Start Southwark
Albrighton Community Centre
37 Albrighton Road, London SE22 8AH
Copyright © Homestart Southwark 2017. All rights reserved.
Charity No: 1107413, Company No: 5239322