Family Support Volunteer Placements
Home Start Southwark offers volunteering work placements to University and College students who wish to develop their field and community work experience. Our placements are open to students on access courses in Midwifery, Social Care and Childcare across London.
About the placement
Placements are delivered in the London Borough of Southwark primarily focusing on early intervention providing support to families who are finding it difficult to cope.
As a volunteers will provide invaluable friendship, emotional and practical support to parents and their families around two hours per week in their own home (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays).
Placements are expected to last 3 to 12 months.
On this placement you will:
- Receive training and support to prepare you for all aspects of the role
- Access regular support and supervision by Home Start Co-ordinators while supporting a family
- Develop new skills and experience of working with families and children
- On going training and evidence of continued professional development
- Receive references from Home Start after supporting a family for three months
- Receive reimbursement of reasonable expenses including transportation costs
This is a great opportunity to work in an innovative way and generating new ideas to affect social change in Southwark.
How to apply
N.B. To undertake this placement you will need to attend our Volunteer Preparation Course. Click here for dates.
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and return it to Home Start Southwark.
By email: email@example.com
By Post: Home-Start Southwark, Albrighton Community Centre, Albrighton Road, London SE22 8AH
If you have any questions please contact us on:
Telephone: 020 7737 7720 | firstname.lastname@example.org
t: 020 7737 7720 |
Registered Office: Home-Start Southwark
Albrighton Community Centre
37 Albrighton Road, London SE22 8AH
Copyright © Homestart Southwark 2019. All rights reserved.
Charity No: 1107413, Company No: 5239322